Tuesday 14 November 2017

3D Print: Concept Generation

Personally, I'm pretty pumped for the opportunity to use a 3D printer. I've always thought they were rad, but their process confused me for years. I couldn't quite wrap my head around how this machine worked until I got to see it in action. I'm still far from an expert, but at least I understand the science behind it now, and it was quite satisfying to finally have been able to see it work in person.

For this project we were tasked with creating 10 interesting concepts in preparation for our 3D printing venture. I tried to keep mine simple for time's sake while also trying out multiple ideas and and Rhino tools.












For the following works, I utilized the PictureFrame tool to trace over a quick sketch of mine and a Greek vessel list from my Art History class:







No comments:

Post a Comment