Friday 8 December 2017

Ceramic 3D Print

For our final project in 3D Object Design we got to create a design to be printed on the ceramics printer. Before this class I had no idea a ceramics printer even existed, let alone that I'd ever get to use one!
Me, Sydney, and Marissa were paired with Ashlyn and Danielle to design our last project for this class. At first we were pretty set on bringing to life my robot design from the 3D print concept phase, but the design would simply not work as a continuous print on the ceramics printer, so instead we combined one of my other 3D concepts with Ashlyn's jewl-like texture to create a more simple but still interesting design. Overall, I'm happy with how our print turned out, I think the texture looks really cool and unique.
(sorry for the cruddy picture)




Getting to see the ceramic printer in action was an awesome sendoff to an awesome class. I had a lot of fun and learned A LOT of useful skills, like rendering and papercraft (which I'd really like to return to!). A big thanks to Bryan for being such a great instructor, this was definitely one of my funnest classes so far, and a big thanks to my fellow classmates for being so supportive these past 3 months!



No comments:

Post a Comment